Find Information On Des Moines Buyer Costs
Find out the average Des Moines buyer costs right here in this guide for home buyers.
The allocation of fees will be outlined in the purchase agreement but what is detailed below is typical.
- None – Seller typically pays buyer agent commissions unless agreed otherwise
- All new loan charges
- Interest on new loan from the date of funding to 30 days prior to the first payment date
- Homeowners insurance premium for the first year (flood insurance, if required)
- Lenders title policy premium (if applicable)
SETTLEMENT AGENT FEES
- Settlement Fee
- Title insurance policy (owner policy is optional but a good idea)
- For more information on title insurance go to Iowa Title Guaranty
- Iowa Title Guarantee
- Recording charges for all documents in buyer’s name
- Power of Attorney/Notary Fees (if required)
- Courier or special delivery fees for sending documents
- Home inspection fees
- Termite Inspection (according to the contract)
- County Recordation Tax
- Tax pro-ration (from date of purchase)
- Condo or HOA dues
- Home Warranty (optional)
Use our useful guide on Des Moines buyer costs. Find more information on home buying costs here.